|Applicants:||KC ENERGY LLC [US/US]; 3710 Volkman Road, Erie, PA 16506 (US) (All Except US).|
KANZIUS, John [US/US]; 3710 Volkman Road, Erie, PA 16506 (US) (US Only).
ROY, Rustum [US/US]; 500 E. Marylyn Avenue, State College, PA 16506 (US) (US Only).
|Inventors:||KANZIUS, John [US/US]; 3710 Volkman Road, Erie, PA 16506 (US).|
ROY, Rustum [US/US]; 500 E. Marylyn Avenue, State College, PA 16506 (US).
|Agent:||MOORHEAD, Sean, T.; Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP, 800 Superior Avenue, Suite 1400, Cleveland, OH 44114 (US).|
1. A method of combusting a liquid, comprising: providing an RF system having an RF generator and a transmission head, the RF generator capable of generating an RF signal for transmission via the transmission head, and the transmitted RF signal capable of generating an ignitable gas from sea water in an open container proximate the transmission head; providing a liquid comprising water and at least one ion, the liquid having an effective amount of the at least one ion dissolved in the liquid for generation of an ignitable gas by the transmitted RF signal; arranging the transmission head with respect to the liquid such that the transmitted RF signal interacts with at least some of the liquid; transmitting the RF signal via the transmission head; igniting the ignitable gas generated from the liquid by the transmitted RF signal to initiate combustion; and wherein the transmitted RF signal is transmitted for a time sufficient to combust at least a portion of the liquid.
27. The system of claim 26, wherein the additive is a surfactant.
28. The system of claim 26, wherein the additive is capable of forming an azeotrope with water.
29. The system of claim 26, wherein the additive is capable of elevating or lowering the freezing point of water.
32. The system of claim 31, wherein the alcohol is selected from methanol, ethanol, isopropanol, n-propanol, and mixtures thereof.
40. The system of any of claims 24-39 comprising a hydrogen collection tank operatively connected to the reaction chamber that collects hydrogen generated within the reaction chamber.
Will this replace oil as our fuel? Stranger than fiction!!